This year the Gold Key Awards for Excellence in Hospitality Design virtually honored some of the most influential and innovative design work in the international hospitality industry on December 15.
Winners in 24 categories, as well as the Judges’ So Cool honoree and the Designer of the Year, will be revealed at this year’s event, along with scholarships presented by NEWH.
View the 2020 Gold Key winners and finalists
Gold Key Awards finalists and winners are determined by a high-profile jury of hospitality industry leaders from the operations, design, development and investment sectors. This year’s panel selected standout projects from a competitive field of 350 submissions from more than 100 design firms around the world.
2021 GOLD KEY AWARDS JUDGES
- Wing T. Chao, Founder, Wing T. Chao Global Adviser
- Ken Cruse, Co-Founder & CEO, Soul Community Planet
- Gary Dollens, Global Head -Design / Product and Brand Development, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Tim Flowers, Vice President F&B – Development, Mina Group
- Stacey Greene, VP Project Management, Pyramid Hotel Group
- Lori Horvath, Managing Director, Project and Development Services, Hotels, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Linda Laucirica, Senior Director, Design & Project Management, Lifestyle Full -Service Brands, Marriott International
- David McCaslin, Chief Development Officer, HHM
- Michael Medzigian, Chairman & CEO, Watermark Lodging Trust
- Thomas Prins, Principal, TQP Capital Partners
- Rachel Rangelov, SVP Design and Construction, Longview Senior Housing Advisors
- Christine Shanahan, Principal, HVS Design
- Julienne Smith, Senior Vice President Development – Luxury & Upscale, and Transactions & Asset Management, Intercontinental Hotel Group
ABOUT BOUTQIUE DESIGN
Boutique Design (BD) serves the hospitality and leisure interiors industry with a focus on design principles that define the boutique and lifestyle approach and the visionaries driving the future of hospitality. Through its print, online and face-to-face platforms, BD connects suppliers of FF&E and other interior design elements with an audience comprised of designers, architects and purchasing agents actively working on hospitality projects, as well as hospitality owners, developers and operators with design responsibility.